Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Start Them or Sit Them: QB's and RB's

Didn’t get a stud running back in the draft? Not sure who to put in at QB? Think I’m crazy? I am going to go through which borderline players to start in week one as well as the players to stay away from. Today I will go over the Quarterbacks and Running Backs. So, I’m not going to tell you to start Drew Brees or Peyton Manning or Peterson or Turner. These are strictly players who aren’t players that are guaranteed locks every week. I’m sure you get the drift. If not, then I would quote the great philosophizer Curtis Jackson that once said, “I’m not talking fast, you just listening slow.”


Quarterback’s

Start: If you are one of the owner’s that totally forgot that you need to draft a quarterback then Matt Stafford will be your saving grace this week. You may be asking yourself, “How could anyone forget to draft a quarterback.” My answer would be anyone who drafted Matt Leinhart and Jay Cutler. Neither of these gentlemen are a starting quarterback’s in the NFL. Leinhart was a starting quarterback when most owners drafted him and Cutler is often mistaken for a quarterback but is actually a professional interception machine and is very good at it. Stafford is going to torch an overrated Chicago defense. The Bears have no decent cornerbacks and an overrated middle linebacker. And yes I will say that to his face!


Sit: Joe Flacco is going to have a great year this season; however, it won’t start until week 2. Darrell Revis just signed and is arguably the best cornerback in the NFL. He is going to shut down Anquan Boldin. This game will have a lot of carries for each team and I simply don’t expect a lot of scoring in this game.  Revis Island will doom Flacco this weekend.


Running Backs

Start: Most owners see Beanie Wells tearing it up this year and I believe he will as well as soon as he passes Tim Hightower on the depth chart. Hightower is the guy I would go with this week if you need a RB to start. He is a available in about 69% of the leagues out there so go pick him up, especially if you are in a PPR league and watch him get a TD and about 110 yards from scrimmage.


Sit: So yes, I am a lunatic Eagles fan. This is not me being all proud and beating my chest that the Eagles defense is amazing. I just don’t think Ryan Grant is a good running back. He is in a pass first offense and is simply not the main cog in the offense. He won’t have more than 50 yards total. I also smell a big time fumble for him this weak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home