Friday, April 15, 2011

On the Clock: Miami Dolphins

For the next two weeks leading up to the draft, I am going to assume to roll of each NFL general manager and make draft picks based upon need, scheme, and in some cases wants.  I will not make any trades throughout this process but will chime in when I think one is needed.  Each day leading up to the draft I will make a pick and summarize my thought process of why certain teams will go a particular way.  So put this blog in your favorites section and check back daily to see who I will select for each team.  With the 15th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select…


J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin (6’5” 290 LBS)

"Thunder"
I was in a real bind coming into the draft but it appears that I have a chance to fix it.  I had no second round choice coming into the draft and multiple holes.  With this pick I am going to look to trade it.  If I can’t, I am taking "Thunder".  He has the high motor and frame needed to excel in the 3-4 DE spot. I’ll consider Pouncey and Ingram at this spot but I’ll pray that I can trade down.  I’ll be willing to trade out of the 1st round all together if we can get a combination of 3 picks in the 2nd and 3rd round.  There is going to be good value in the second round, especially in the areas where we need the most help in.

Every is asking who our 2011 QB is going to be and truthfully, I don’t know who.  But I can tell you it is no one on the current roster.  I’m not trading for a QB because we simply don’t have the ammo to do so.  It will have to be a QB that gets cut or someone like Marc Bulger to plug in while we look for a QB.  We might draft one if someone with value falls into the third round, but it is hard to find franchise QBs in the 3rd round.

The chances of us trading out of this spot are at about 90%.  There are plenty of teams with the ability to move up that will make an offer. Hint: The Patriots.

Jacksonville is on the clock…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home