Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Studs and Duds for Week 1

STUDS

QB:  If you are a Peyton Manning owner you probably won your match-up this weekend.  If you didn’t then you either faced Arian Foster this week or missed fantasy football 101 freshman year.  433 yards passing for 3 TD’s.  This is the best thing that could have happened to the Colts.  They realized they have NO running game and will need to rely on Peyton all year.  Looks like another MVP award is right around the corner, because this guy is a STUD!

RB:  Uhhh, if I have to tell you who the STUD is this week at RB then you must have been living under a rock this weekend.  Arian Foster blew up this weekend and if he was a free agent in your league shame on you for missing out on his 233 yards rushing along with 3 TD’s.  I told you that this was going to be the breakout RB of the season.  You have got to start listening to the Frank Cap.

WR:  So apparently the Redskins did not cover Miles Austin this weekend.  He caught everything thrown to him. Everything!  I cannot believe this guy went undrafted in the NFL Draft.  10 catches, 146 yards, and a TD=STUD.  I’m not going to give it to Ocho Cinco because 10 of his 12 catches came in the second half after the Patriots decided to go easy on the Bengals.

TE:  Dallas Clark is going to have 100 catches again this season.  No doubt about it.  He’s barely even a TE.   He is constantly lined up in the slot and no one can cover him.  11 catches for 80 yards and a scored makes him the STUD TE of the week!

DUDS:

QB:  As much as it pains me to say it, Kevin Kolb looks more and more like Bobby Hoying everyday. Granted it was the best defense from a year ago, you got to get more than 25 yards passing in a half.  He should have had multiple INTs but they were dropped which doesn’t sit well with me as an Eagles fan when it comes to his decision making process.  I said it from day one and you can argue with me all you want, but the Eagles traded the wrong Quarterback.

RB:  EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!  Shonn Greene, running back for the New York Jets is missing.  He was last seen hobbling off the field against the Baltimore Ravens during his dismal performance of 18 yards rushing and 2 fumbles.  Reports are that he is Frank Cap’s dud of the week!

WR:  After Mike Singletary called him out for his lazy performance, 1,932,784 fantasy football owners called him out as well.  Where was Michael Crabtree exactly? They weren’t double covering so why couldn’t Smith get him the ball?  Hope he isn't this big of a dud the rest of the season.

TE: Hi.  My name is Jason Witten and I am a blockaholic.  My offensive line has so many holes in it that I need to stay in and block a lot.  When this happens, my friend Tony doesn’t throw me the ball.  This leads to pathetic performances like the one I had on Sunday night.  I only had 3 catches for 27 yards.  My owners are calling me a Dud. I hope Alex Barron can learn to block on his own sometime this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home