Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On the Clock: New York Giants

For the next 6 days leading up to the draft, I am going to assume to roll of each NFL general manager and make draft picks based upon need, scheme, and in some cases wants.  I will not make any trades throughout this process but will chime in when I think one is needed.  Each day leading up to the draft I will make a pick and summarize my thought process of why certain teams will go a particular way.  So put this blog in your favorites section and check back daily to see who I will select for each team.  With the 19th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the New York Giants select…


Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn (6’3” 291 LBS)

"B.A."
Not sure why it happens but every year there is a top flight player that drops on draft day.  Aaron Rodgers had an epic fall as did Jeremy Maclin and Randy Moss.  I know why Nick might have fallen, but for him to fall to us is amazing.  He can dominate the game any time he is willing to turn it on and I will take that every 3rd snap if that is what he gives us.

“B.A.” has got some ridiculous talent and teams that pass on him will regret him.  Our O-line is getting old and breaking down and I had wanted to address the situation but I can’t do it at the expense of passing on one of the highly touted defensive tackles. With him, Tuck and Pierre-Paul we have some serious pressure on third downs.

When we pick again at #52 we will need to look at either offensive line or maybe help out in the linebacker level.  Both aren’t going to be that deep at this point of the draft but something will be there. Martez Wilson is very underrated right now and Clint Boling is a stud guard that I might even consider trading up for. Bottomline is that we got amazing value at the #19 pick and it is setting up to happen in the second round as well.

Tamp Bay  is on the clock…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home