Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Start Them or Sit Them: QB's and RB'S

Start Them

Quarterback’s

Start:  So apparently Stafford is turning into Mr. Glass.  Sorry about that.  I can’t predict injuries.  I still think this guy will have a solid year once he comes back.  But this week I am going to pick up Michael Vick and watch him shine.  He may not be an efficient quarterback this week but he will steal some points for you if you were unhappy about your fantasy football quarterback last week.   I.E. Kevin “I can’t throw an out pattern” Kolb.  Expect 60 yards rushing, 200 yards passing, 2 TDs and a turnover.


Sit:    I hope you listened last week.  I said DO NOT START JOE FLACCO and what happened?  248 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int, and a fumble.  In a basic scoring league that is a 5 point night.  On Sunday I would stay away from Jay Cutler. The Cowboy’s are ticked off from losing to the Redskins and are going to lay the smack down on the Bears.  Expect 3 picks minimum.  On a side note, I am hoping that I am wrong because there is nothing I want to see more than the Cowboys starting the season 0-2.


Running Back

Start:  Last week I said to go with Tim Hightower and I was for the most partrrect.  He had 13 points in standard scoring leagues despite having 2 fumbles.  He should have had more rushing opportunities but those fumbles did not sit well with the coaching staff.  This week I am going to keep picking on the St. Louis Rams run defense.  Start Darren McFadden as your #2 running back and look for a 100 yard game.  St. Louis is just pathetic against the run.

Sit:  Don’t even consider starting Knowshon Moreno next weekend.  He could barely run against the Jacksonville Jaguars so there is no reason to believe he can do it against the Seahawks who shut the door on Frank Gore limiting him to 2.2 yards per carry.  If you don’t think I am right, remember that I told you NOT to start Ryan Grant against the Eagles.  Ryan Grant is now walking on crutches for the next 3 months.

Yearly Success Rate for QB/RB Start Them/Sit Them: 75%.  I was right about Stafford until he separated his shoulder so it doesn’t count as a good “Start Them” pick.  However, I was correct about benching Ryan Grant and Joe Flacco who combined for a total of 9 points.  Tim Hightower had a quality performance with 13 points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home