Monday, April 25, 2011

On the Clock: Baltimore Ravens

For the 4 days leading up to the draft, I am going to assume the role of each NFL general manager and make draft picks based upon need, scheme, and in some cases wants.  I will not make any trades throughout this process but will chime in when I think one is needed.  Each day leading up to the draft I will make a pick and summarize my thought process of why certain teams will go a particular way.  So put this blog in your favorites section and check back daily to see who I will select for each team.  With the 26th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select…


Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona (6’3” 257 lbs)

"Thor"
Our defense is getting old quick and I think it is time to get a player involved on defense to help out Terrell Suggs.  Brooks is a rush LB that can create chaos and has a non-stop motor.  Not many people know about this guy since he was on a bad team, but was easily the best player on their defense.  He has Raven’s style defense written all over him.

“Thor” is a perfect for the system and will be able to spell Suggs once and again. I don’t like him much in coverage, but with our aggressive defense he will rarely be asked to cover a TE or RB.  His run defense is lacking, but or front three should be able to help cover up that weakness with good penetration.

I could have gone WR here as well.  We need the type of WR that can stretch the field for Mason, Boldin, and Housh to work underneath.  We also need some youth at the position.  Torrey Smith could be an option here or look to Titus Young or Edmund Gates later in the draft.  I can’t pass on Jonathan Baldwin if he comes back to me again.

Atlanta is on the clock…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home