Thursday, September 16, 2010

Start Them or Sit Them: Wide Receiver's and Tight Ends

Start Them

Wide Receivers

Start:  I knew Terrell Owens would get plenty of targets (13), but I was expecting more YAC (Yards after Catch).  In a PPR league he would have had 12 points which is slightly above average.  This week go get Mike Williams of the Tampa Buccaneers and watch him dice up the Panthers this weekend.  He had 9 targets last week and I expect that to increase against a pathetic pass defense.

Sit:  It would be easy for me to go and say to not start Randy Moss this week because they are going against the Jets.  However, I think Moss will have an okay weekend. Last week I was wrong about Boldin, Revis only matched up against Boldin 3 times in the game.  For some absurd reason, the Jets took their best defense player and best cornerback in the league and put him on the 2nd and 3rd receivers.  Not sure what that was about it.  Don’t start Calvin Johnson if you don’t have to.  He has a poor QB throwing to him this week and the Eagles defense is going to step it up against another weak offensive line.

Tight Ends

Start:  Shiancoe ripped it up last week as I had predicted (4 catches, 76 yards, TD).  This week go and get Zach Miller of the Oakland Raiders and watch him run circles around the St. Louis Rams defense.  It’s kind of like picking on the small, blonde hair kid at recess, but we are trying to win games here, not make friends.

Sit: Last week I told you to bench John Carlson.  3 catches for 36 yards against a 3-4 defense is a little more than I had predicted, but still not impressive.  This week throw Mercedes Lewis on the bench.  Owners are picking him up like crazy thinking he will score 2 TDs each week.  This would be incorrect.  He is fools gold.


Yearly Success Rate for WR/TE Start Them/Sit Them:  75%.  Again I was 3 for 4.  Missed out on Boldin but my thought process is correct.  I’m guessing Revis just isn’t in shape to cover someone with Boldin’s size right now.  Owens and Shiancoe would have combined for 11 catches, 128 yards and a TD.  Not bad for a #2 WR and a third tier TE.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Devin Aromashhhhhhhhhhhhhodu he's a sleeeeeeper......shhhhhhhh....

September 16, 2010 at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home