Thursday, September 23, 2010

Start Them or Sit Them Week 3: WRs and TEs

Please remember that I consider 10 points in a given week to be the barometer of whether a receiver had a good game.  10 or over is a good game and under that is a poor game.  That is how I based my decisions.  I'm sure some of you may think that it was some random decision that I felt made sense to me personally. This is not the case.

Wide Receivers

Start:  Arrelious Benn must be ticked off huh? I mean he was draft early in the second round but has taken a backseat to fellow rookie WR Mike Williams.  Williams had 2 receptions for 54 and a touchdown which is good for 16 points in PPR (which all of you should be playing).  This week I am going with another rookie Wideout Demaryious Thomas who was one of the Bronco's first round picks this year.  At 6'3", 229 pounds, he is a large target for Kyle Orton, and eventually Tim "3:16" Tebow. 

Sit:  Up until the Eagles packed it in and started playing prevent defense, Calvin Johnson only had 2 catches, but racked up  2 more catches, a TD and 25 yards in the last 2 minutes.   And speaking of the Eagles, I know something happened that was big...I just can't exactly remember.  Was it this Earth shattering news (please please please click it)? No sweat though because Megatron helped me to a week 2 victory of the crybaby I beat in the championship last year.  This week you need to sit Mike Williams because this dude is getting lots of hype and will be in Troy Polamalu's sights all day and Troy may have the most amazing defensive instincts of anyone playing the game right now.


Tight Ends

Start:  Screwed up again people.  I thought for sure Zach Miller was going to find zones in the Rams defense, but Jason Campbell just couldn't get him the ball which is probably why Campbell was trade by the Redskins and is now being benched in favor of Bruce Gradkowski.  Remember that name? He's the guy who beat the Eagles in Tampa Bay with a 63 yard field goal from Matt Bryant at the end of the game (Please a moment of silence for Kevin Kolb).  I know this week that Dustin Keller is the man to start.  With Braylon Edwards now going to be benched for most of the game, Mark Sanchez will need someone to throw it to and Keller should be his go to guy.

Sit:  Last week John Carlson would have gotten you about 9 points, but that just isn't going to cut it in PPR leagues.  This week we need to bench a long time stud.  Tony Gonzalez absolutely needs to be benched until further notice.  He hasn't been able to develop any chemistry and has less than 10 targets.  He's like middle child right now and we all know how that can be.  Just ask Jan Brady.  Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!  Roddy White is Marcia Brady right now and is getting all the looks from Greg Brady. I mean Roddy White. That was weird, huh?

Yearly Success Rate:  I am again at a 63% rate with my 2 mistakes this week.  I would have kept my 75% rate if Calvin wouldn't have caught that late game TD against the birds.  That's why I never use prevent defense in Madden.  Never know whose fantasy football blog you might ruin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home