Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Start Them or Sit Them Week 3: Quarterback's and Running Backs

Quarterback’s

Start:  Now I don’t want to toot my own horn too much, but I got to take a stab at all of you fans who said Kolb was the answer and that McNabb is not a good quarterback…well, it’s now time bow down and admit that I was right, that we never should have gotten rid of McNabb in favor of Kolb.  Last week I told you Vick was going to get 24 points for you and he got you around 28 and he parlayed that into a starting job.  Somewhere McNabb’s stomach hurts from laughter.  This week absolutely start Carson Palmer against a pathetic pass defense in Carolina.  No less than 250 yards passing and 3 TDs.

Sit:  Wow was I wrong about the Cowboys.  I thought for sure they were going to bring the noise against the Bears this weekend, but Cutler sliced and diced the Cowgirls.  I was hoping that I was wrong and I am a happy Eagles fan today.  This weekend bench Mark Sanchez as there is no way he passes for more than 175 yards against the Dolphins.  They will need to put their trust into Shonn Greene and LT2 if they want to win this game.

Running Backs

Start:  Well “Run DMC” was in full effect this weekend and I called it.  McFadden is finally starting to slow down and find the holes and his role as a starting running back should be cemented.  The QB position is another area that no one has the answer to for the Oakland Raiders.  Thomas Jones is the guy to start this week.  He is the lead dog out there in KC and will score 2 TDs this week.

Sit:  Totally shocked that Moreno was able to do what he did against the Jags.  He still averaged a pathetic 2.1 yards per carry but was more involved in the passing game which was what shocked me.  I’ll eat crow on that one.  This week bench Steven Jackson.  The Redskins are holding RBs to 3.5 yards per carry so the chances that Steven Jackson can gain more than 60 yards with his horrible offense line are very low.

Yearly Success Rate:  So far I am at a 63% with my predictions which is still okay but I'd like to be closer to 75%. Moreno and Cutler each had a better week than I expected.  Cutler tore up a terrible Cowboy's defense, which makes me very happy.  Moreno still couldn't run the ball but his receiving game played a significant part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home