Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sit Them or Start Them: Week 4

Quarterbacks
Start:  I bet there are a lot of upset fantasy football owners that have Carson Palmer.  What is it with this guy?  He was a top pick during this decade but simply cannot produce.  He’s got the weapons.  Now, technically, Palmer did score the 10 points needed for myself to consider it a successful week but he could have done MUCH better.  Go with Sam Bradford this week if you are in a pinch.  Seattle’s pass defense is improving but Sam Bradford is going to have a coming out game.
Sit:  Mark Sanchez is officially a quarterback.  I am totally shocked in his ability to look down field and find open players.  He is turning into a real quarterback and I apologize for my poor pick last week.   I am just puzzled that the game was as high scoring as it was.  Kyle Orton is going to have some real difficulty passing against the Titans this week though.  I think he’ll be under a lot of pressure.
Running Backs
Start:   Charlie Weiss has it really going on over in Kansas City.  Cassel is managing the game and the run game is pretty solid.  Thomas Jones pounded the ball for 95 yards and a touchdown and I expect him to continue with those types of numbers.   Arizona has a needs a huge game from Beanie Wells to overcome the Chargers and I think Beanie Wells can help with that.  He is fresh and is overtaking Hightower in the backfield.
Sit:  I barely missed on this pick last week.  Stephen Jackson pulled off a long TD run which put him over the break point, but is obviously not the runner he once was.  I’s a real shame that he is on such a bad team.    I’d sit Ahmad Bradshaw this week against the Chicago Bears, IF you were considering him. The Bear’s run defense is stout and Urlacher is going to be stopping the run in the backfield all day with the horrific offensive line that New York has.
Wide Receivers
Start:  Demaryious Thomas certainly did not get the catches we were expecting but he did get 6 targets with 4 of those targets in the end zone.  Don’t sleep on this guy despite his poor performance this week.  I suggest starting Greg Jennings this week with the Detroit Lions.  He had had an extremely slow start , but I do have the sense that Green Bay has 4 passing TDs this week and at least one will be a 40 yard touchdown to Jennings.
Sit:  Mike Williams was able to stay alive long enough to get 5 catches for 55 yards and break my minimum.   Tampa Bay has something special down there and I expect this team to be a playoff contender in about 3 years.  Once they sure up that defense this team could be dangerous.   In case you weren’t sure or were living under a rock, Donovan McNabb comes in this week and will be trying to connect with Santana Moss deep down the field.  I don’t see that happening against our defense.  Samuel will shut down the aging veteran to less than 3 catches.
Tight Ends
Start:  Oh wow was I right about Dustin Keller.  Sanchez’s favorite target had 2 touchdowns and will continue to be a productive target.  This week I’d start Jeremy Shockey against a horrific Carolina team.  I think Shockey get at least 6 catches and eclipses 80 yards receiving.  Drew Brees looks for Shockey anytime the get inside the 25 yard line and that will happen often this weekend.
Sit:  Oh wow was I wrong about Tony Gonzalez.  He FINALLY decided to start playing hard and was able to rack up plenty of points this weekend.  I hope that crafty vet keeps it up (for my own personal reasons).  Brent Celek should be sat this weekend if you have any other options.  Last year he only had 7 catches for 41 yards in two games against the Skins and I don’t see that changing.  He has had to block a lot more for Vick’s blindside and will continue to be limited out there.
Yearly Success Rate:  54%.  I really need to hit big this week to keep myself above .500.  I truly believe I will nail 6 of 8 next week.  Possibly more..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home